Friday, February 22, 2013

Why Should I Listen?


Why should I listen to a man who abhors this nation?

A man who eats from rich plates and takes million dollar vacations.

 

Why should I listen to a man who fails to hear the cries of the forlorn?

Instead, he uses race, class, and propaganda to rage a fiery storm.

 

Why should I listen to a man who steals from the people to warm his own pocket?

His followers calling him our messiah and our prophet.

 

Why should I listen to a man who eagerly doles out aid to our foes?

An enemy that burns our flag with absolutely no remorse.

 

Why should I listen to a man who blames others for our plight?

When he contrives with the same for his benefit but for the people he will not fight.

 

Why should I listen to a man who dismantles our Constitution?

Under his terrible rule, we are bound to lose our nation.



4 comments:

  1. Why, indeed? Thank you.
    I wonder how many words have been written since 2008 by those of use who have chosen to point out this president's shortcomings. I think you were tactful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee! It is difficult to do so on most days but I try---:o)

      Delete